Executive Administrative Assistant to the Director
Chesapeake Biological Laboratory (CBL) is seeking an executive assistant who will report directly to the Director. Located in Solomons, MD., CBL is one of four constituent research laboratories that form the University of Maryland Center for Environmental Science (UMCES), one of 12 institutions within the University System of Maryland. CBL has a 90-year heritage of research on the Chesapeake Bay and its tributaries. The Executive Assistant will:
- Maintain compliance with University, UMCES and CBL administrative policies, which require managing and ensuring confidentiality of all information,
- Research and produce summaries and reports of the activities of CBL’s administration, faculty, staff and students,
- Act as intermediary for executive, interacting with officials, staff at all levels, and the public.
- Prioritize, compose and respond to internal and external correspondence, and provide guidance and instruction for office support staff,
- Manage the Director’s daily schedule and duties (including planning itineraries, developing agendas, meeting materials and reporting expenses),
- Plan and coordinate CBL events
We seek a results-orientated person with a “make it happen” attitude and a proven track record of successful managing upwards. The successful candidate must demonstrate skills in managing confidential information and using good judgment. The candidate will have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others. Superior analytical and problem-solving skills, with a demonstrated ability to provide creative solutions to real-time challenges are expected. All candidates should have interest and experience in using technology to improve work efficiency and an advanced level of experience with MS Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access. An Associate’s Degree and 6-years’ experience of executive support are the minimum required qualifications. Preference will be given to those with a Bachelor’s degree.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a letter of interest, complete resume, and the names and contact information for at least three references in a single PDF file via email to: email@example.com with “Executive Assistant” in the subject line. Application review will begin October 9 2015, the position will remain open until filled. UMCES offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
UMCES is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Individuals with disabilities, veterans, women and minorities are encouraged to apply.